Before purchasing or adopting a Potbellied Pig, consider this:
- You should own your home or are buying one. In other words, that you do not live in an apartment.
- Check that you are zoned to have a pet pig. Pigs are illegal in many places. To find out if you are zoned, contact your local zoning commission, animal control, or perhaps ask your Chamber of Commerce to help.
- You must have a secure, fenced in yard.
- Find a vet who is familiar with treating pet pigs.
- Realize this is a long term commitment: you should have the time and motivation to care for a pet pig for it’s entire life, which is typically 13 years and even up to 18 years.
Much homework and preparation are necessary before getting a pet pig. It’s never too early to begin!
Potbellied Pig Parenting, Book – $20
By Nancy Shepherd
This 110-page indexed & bound manual is a comprehensive guide that promises to enhance the relationship between you and your pig.
Put Pig O’ My Heart experience to work for your Pigs!
Since the mid-1970’s, Nancy Shepherd has opened her heart and her home to pigs—big and small, young and old, trained and not-so-trained—because, quite simply, she cares about pigs. Her interest and devotion has led Nancy and her potbellied pigs to championships and has gained her national recognition for her quality breeding stock. But Nancy is just as interested in producing adorable pets that are happy and healthy and fun to be around. Since 1989 she has been specializing in potbellied pig breeding, behavior and training.
Let Nancy Help You With Your Pig
Nancy has been writing on a national level since 1991. She has shared her knowledge and insight with readers to help them:
- understand the nature of the potbellied pig
- socialize and re-socialize the complicated pig
- provide indoor and outdoor accommodations
- offer your pig constructive pastimes
- travel safely and enjoyably with your pig
- solve care and management problems
- and much, much more
Veterinary Management of Miniature Pigs, Book – $13
By Lisle George, DVM, PhD, University of California at Davis
This is a 47-page, comprehensive and technical veterinary manual that you will want to share with your veterinarian.
- Intravenous Catheterization & Fluid Administration to Potbellied Pigs
- Bleeding Potbellied Pigs
- Anesthesia of Potbellied Pigs
- Local Anesthesia – Miniature pigs do not tolerate restraint & consequently…
- Spaying Potbellied Pigs
- Castration of Potbellied Pigs
- Castration of Herniated Potbellied Pigs
- Dystocia of Potbellied Pigs
- Cesarean Section of Potbellied Pigs
- Abdominal surgery of Potbellied Pigs
- General Surgery of Potbellied Pigs
- Endoparasites of Potbellied Pigs
- Vaccination of Potbellied Pigs
- Diagnosis and treatment of Potbellied Pig Diseases
- Nutrition of Adult Potbellied Pigs
- Management of the Neonatal Potbellied Pig
- Average Daily Gain of Neonatal Piglets
- Weights of Potbellied Piglets by Day
- Daily Volume of Milk Replacer Fed to Orphan Potbellied Pigs
- Reproduction of Potbellied Pigs
- Suggested Drug Dosages for Potbellied Pigs
- Suggested Reference Values for Potbellied Pigs
Proceeds from the sale of Dr. George’s manual go to sanctuaries and other potbellied pig causes. Thanks.
A treat that will delight your special pig!
These treats are HOMEMADE with all natural ingredients. NO salt, sugar or preservatives. The luscious colors, created with flower essences, fanciful shapes, and nine luscious flavors will dazzle your darling!
Piggy Potpourri is packaged in a re-sealable, bakery bag and weighs one pound with approximately 180 treats.
Here are the shapes and their corresponding delicious flavors:
Acorn – Almond
Apple – Apple
Butterfly – Tutti Fruiti w/Coconut Chips
Carrot – Carrot
Circle – Banana
Flower in a Pot – Green Bean
Star – Peanut Butter
Tulip – Blueberry
$7.00 per pound plus shipping Save on shipping — Buy in Bulk!
Store treats in freezer! Other animals love them too!
Call Nancy to determine best quantity for shipping fee and to place your order.
HARNESSES AND LEASHES
Modified “A” Design
The primary function of a harness is to provide a means for the owner to communicate intended behavior and movement. How the harness fits is critical to good communication. The Comfort Fit Safety Harness is positioned just behind the apex of the shoulder. The modified “A” design allows the miniature pig more freedom of movement and gives you better control.
The Comfort Fit Safety Harness is designed to provide maximum comfort and avoid chafing. Made from 4000 lbs. test combed nylon, for softer finish, it features reversed sewn seams. There are no sharp edges or rough spots to irritate tender skin.
Easy to Put On – Safer to Wear
The Comfort Fit Safety Harness has two contoured quick-release safety snaps positioned on the left side. That makes a big difference. It’s easier to put on by draping over the shoulder to snap. It’s safer and easier to take off because it does not need to be pulled over the head.
Determining The Correct Size
Measure your pig around the neck and behind the front legs (girth). Example: A small harness will be 14 inches as the smallest size, but will adjust up to 20 inches.
Crafted from the finest materials made in the U.S.A., each harness is designed to last a lifetime. Should it fail for any reason, the same size and color harness will be replaced free of charge. Shipping is $6 per harness.
|Size||Strap Width||Neck & Girth Adjustments||Price|
|Small||5/8″||14″ to 20″||$17.00|
|Medium||5/8″||19″ to 29″||$19.00|
|Large||1″||23″ to 41″||$23.00|
|X-Large||1″||35″ to 53″||$26.00|
|Leads Matching Colors||6 feet||$ 7.00|
Colors: red, black, royal blue, purple and hot pink.
To order any of these items, send a check to Nancy Shepherd, or contact her by email or phone:
304 County Road 438 Rocheport, MO 65279